As I was stalking one of my favorite blogs, I came across this picture. I instantly loved the project in the background. I needed to make a gift for a friend here in Germany that we will all miss very much. So I took an 8 x 10 shadow frame and did something similar with pictures of the kids.
So far, this is one of my favorite projects. I am finding that I enjoy paper projects more than doing cards or scrapbooking. Next time I will probably stick to three colors instead of four so it will seem more unified. I think it was okay this time though because it was such a big project. It would probably look better with black and white photos too. I just hate putting the kids in black and white for some reason.
Here is another project I just finished. They are gifts for Jackson's two main teachers at the German Kindergarten. They took me a while! I mostly stamp when I lay Liam down for a nap. Since he is on the third floor, I walk into the next room which is my craft room and stay there until I am sure he is down. That way, I don't have to come back up the stairs a million times if he needs some more encouragement.
Anyways, I saw this cute box at Christmas time. I'm sorry I can't give credit as I can't remember what blog I got the idea from. It was just a picture and then I figured out all the dimensions on my own.
When you take the top off the box, it is a single 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. It unfolds and there are pictures or writing in each square.
I added a little thank you note on a Stampin' Up petal card that I made with the Big Shot machine. Next time I will try to work it a little differently. I don't like that the corner squares are folded diagonally. Makes it hard to put a picture there without slicing it in half. I will probably try to cut the sheet 4 inches on the top and bottom of the left and right middle squares. That way it can still fold up but will lay flat when it unfolds. If that made no sense then don't worry and just stop reading. :) Next time I will also probably embellish the squares more. Kinda like I did with the project above. These look a little plain in comparison.