Pinterest

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Love Notes for Christmas

For Christmas I decided to make these cute frames for my family.

For the last year my husband and I have kept a notepad in our master bath to leave little notes to each other.  Often times he goes to bed before me and wakes up before me.  At night before I went to bed I would write a little note like, "Have a good day!" for him to wake up to.  Then when I got up he would have left me a note in return.  We don't do it all the time but its fun to have a running conversation.

When I saw some cute frames on Pinterest we switched from pen and paper to a small frame with scrapbook paper behind the glass.  (You can change out the paper to match the holiday season or just change it up for something new.)  We use a dry erase marker to write on the glass.  It's a little prettier than scratch paper and can stand upright instead of laying flat on the counter top taking up space.

Here are a few that I made for adult family this Christmas.  Super cheap too.  1$ frames at dollar store and scrapbook paper I already had.  Add a small dry erase pen with an eraser on top and voila.  Done.  It's hard to see from the picture but the paper is really subtle tones with a little sparkle here and there.  Very pretty.  (Sorry all the pictures are sideways:)







In each families bag I included three candle holders I made out of repurposed glass jars.  I glued some of them onto a clear candle stick holder from the dollar store for height.  On Pinterest I saw the idea to glue antique lace around the outside. Find my source here.  They don't look like much during the day but when you light the candles at night it gives a beautiful glow.  


I also included a few wooden clothes pins.  On one side I added some scrapbook paper.  On the other I put glued two magnets so they could be used on the fridge.
 I made these ornaments with the Stampin' Up! Sizzix's Big Shot Lattice Die.  I found the tutorial HERE.

 Made these tags by cutting scrapbook paper into strips.  Glue them down and then trim off the edges by running it through my Big Shot machine with the Stampin' Up! Top Note Sizzix's Die.

 Made these by taking two of the Lattice Dies and laying them perpendicular to each other.  Add a little pearl to the middle of both sides.


 I decided to do the same thing for my cousins wedding.  I made a cute card and dressed up a plain paper bag.
 



 Added a small pen with an eraser.




No comments:

Post a Comment