Pinterest

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stampin' Up! Christmas Countdown Calendar Gifts




This year I made Christmas advent calendars for my families' Christmas presents.  I gave them out at Thanksgiving dinner so they can start using them on December 1st.  Under each window is a scripture they can read.  One a day leading up to Christmas day.  In recent years my children have gotten too caught up in the getting of presents and not enough into the reason for the season.  This is my attempt at reminding them about Christ each day.

I used the Old Testament (King James Version), New Testament (KJV), The Book of Mormon, and the Doctrine and Covenants.  If you are unsure of how to find each reference, just click on the scripture and the link will take you to it online.  Each scripture testifies of Jesus Christ and his mission.  Here is a list of the scriptures I used.

1.  Isaiah 7:14
2.  1 Nephi 11:18-21
3.  Mosiah 13:33
4.  In your journal, write down your family traditions and what Christmas means to you.
5.  Alma 7:9-12
6.  Isaiah 11:1-5
7.  1 Nephi 19:8-9
8.  Resolve to be a happier and kinder person.
9.  Mosiah 15:1
10.  Mosiah 15:5-7
11.  2 Nephi 11:6-7
12.  Mosiah 16:13-15
13.  In you prayers, express thanks to Heavenly Father for the gift of His Son.
14.  Ezekiel 34:11-13
15.  1 Nephi 10:9-10
16.  Mosiah 3:5-13
17.  Helaman 14:2-3,5
18.  3 Nephi 1:6
19.  3 Nephi 1:15
20.  Matthew 1:18-25
21.  Isaiah 9:6
22.  Luke 1:26-31
23.  Luke 2
24.  Doctrine and Covenants 76:22-24,  Bear your testimony of Christ.
25.  Picture of Christ (I used the last stamp (#25) in the Stampin' Up set 25 and Counting

I mostly cased this project from the Stampin' Up 2011 Holiday catalog. 

I made 10 in all.  Here is part of my assembly line.   I worked on it for over two months.  I have four little kids so I had to grab a few minutes here and there during nap time.  I found cheap 12x12 frames at Micheal's.  In some cases I put the white background on top of the glass and sometimes it was underneath the glass.  I'm not sure which will wear better over time.




Finished!  Thank you Mom for helping me tape most of these.  Whew, what a lot of work but the results are fantastic.  It is hard to get the real effect from a picture.  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

P.S.  I also made a 12 day version of the calendar as a gift.  You can read the post here:
http://findingmystamp.blogspot.com/2011/11/12-days-of-christma.html


3 comments:

  1. Need more info on how they work. Since it's too late for this year, I'll do them for next year. I know where you live so I'll check them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea. Sure the first of the month is well past, but you could begin your calendar on any date that is meaningful for your family. Do the 10 days before Christmas, or start your calendar on the first day that kids are out of school for Winter break. A shorter version wouldn't have the same lovely layout, but I think you could still do something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Here is a 12 day version of the calendar that I made as a gift for someone.

    http://findingmystamp.blogspot.com/2011/11/12-days-of-christma.html

    ReplyDelete