Pinterest

Monday, June 10, 2013

Catch Up Teacher Gifts 2.0 (for Valentines Day) 2013

My mom helped me sew this apron as a Christmas gift.  

I've seen all over these all over the internet and had to try it out.  Ha, I just realized I didn't take pictures of the final project.  Are you kidding me?  Blech!  Good thing I actually forgot to give one to Liam's speech teacher.  I'll get it out and take a picture before I post.  For heavens sakes.

*Only one picture wasn't fuzzy.

Use a razor blade to slice down the paper, much easier than just ripping it off.
 Organize  your colors.
 Chop them up on a chopping board YOU NEVER WANT TO PUT FOOD ON AGAIN.  Yeah, I ruined two of my favorite boards.  (Sigh).  The wax just doesn't come off completely no matter what.
 
 I bought a rubber mold that could go into the oven specifically for this project.  It's hard to get the wax totally off this too so I don't think I'll ever use it for food either.

 I wanted to try it out in a metal mold as well.  It was hard to get them out intact.  Won't use this again.





No comments:

Post a Comment