Pinterest

Friday, October 12, 2012

Kitchen Towels

For Mother's Day I made these kitchen towels.  I found the tutorial on Pinterest.  You can see it here.  I love that they tie onto the oven handle because my 1yr old excels at pulling my kitchen towels off my oven and gleefully throws them to the floor. 





The pink and white stripe material is actually a wide ribbon.  It made the process much quicker and easier. 







If some of the color combinations look funky, it's because I was trying to use up some old bits of material I had left over from other projects.  Since the amount of fabric needed is small, it made for a good "use up the old fabric" type project. 


I used liquid stitch on the ribbon ends to keep them from fraying when they are washed.  I've found I like the colored towels better  Although the white looks nice, they stain really fast.  It takes away the fresh look.  I've started using black or other deep colors for the towels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment